To re-build national cohesion through promotion of tolerance and peaceful coexistence in local communities.
Heal Zimbabwe expects to achieve the following strategic outcomes.
- Focus on the needs of our communities
- Actively promote inclusiveness
- Act with integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Value and celebrate diversity
- Be accountable and transparent to our stakeholders
Our vision is a peaceful prosperous Zimbabwe which celebrates political, cultural and religious diversity and promotes peaceful co-existence in local communities. We will contribute to peaceful and tolerant local communities in Zimbabwe through advocacy and lobby and providing psycho-social support to ensure that:
- There is increased understanding, awareness, education and research regarding the impact of political violence on the local communities in Zimbabwe.
- Social, political and economic policies and practices do not directly or indirectly condone intolerance of diversity of opinions.
- The interests and well being of victims and survivors of political violence and torture are fully represented.
- There are positive initiatives to rebuild the cohesion of affected communities through community initiated and driven conflict transformation and peace building initiatives.